Strawberry Salad with Mozzarella and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Makes 4 servings
Total time: 15 minutes
- 6-8 cups loose salad greens
- 24 small strawberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 8 big leaves of basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rip clean and dried salad greens into bite sized pieces.
- Roll the basil leaves into a little tube and slice thin (chiffonade).
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce greens and basil strips with most of the dressing (you may have to do this in two batches so as not to overfill the bowl), reserving a little to drizzle over the top at the end.
- Portion greens out onto serving plates.
- Remove the stem of the strawberry, slicing thin from top to point. Spread evenly over the four servings of salad.
- Cut mozzarella into bite sized pieces. I used the ovoline (little mozzarella balls in water) and quartered them. Spread evenly over the four servings of salad.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over the top and enjoy!
Featured in Participant Newsletter #6
Picture and Recipe Source: Nothing Beets Fresh